Make a Donation
Your gifts to support Buddha Maitreya the Reincarnation of Christ and His auspicious projects, including the building of the Shambhala Vajradhara Maitreya Sangha Monastery, are tax-deductible as a donation to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution qualifies as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes in the US (we are also a UK registered Charity -#1069944).
Note About Tax Deductible Major Gift Planning
These ideas apply to gifts larger than standard IRS tax exemption
- Matching corporate gifts; check with your employer
- Matching “challenge” gifts (usually $ for $ if gift matched by a specified date)
- Personal property such as collectible art, collections, etc.
- Trust to generate income to you now, principal to non-profit at death, or opposite, no income to you now and principal to charity
- Gifts of any investment income, or income from copyrights, patents and royalties
- Life insurance policy; gift cash value policy now or name charity for part or all of policy
- Lifetime gift annuity; monthly income to you for life (typically for those over age 70)
- Donor Advised Funds; direct part of your fund to charity
- Retirement plan assets (such as 410k and 403b) at death, no income or estate tax
- IRA plan; for those over 70 and ˝ up to $100,000 tax deductible and no tax on distribution
- Gifts of stocks or bonds; typically, no tax on gain plus gift amount tax deductible
- Gift of real estate, investment or personal including residential trust
- Name us in your will for a portion of your assets, often just adding a codicil to will is legal
- Provide Amazon our Amazon non-profit account number and we get a % of your purchases, at no cost to you
Please call us to discuss before you make any of gifts, so we can discuss the proper procedure. We also recommend you check with you attorney and/ or CPA. We reserve the right to decline to accept any gift.
If you would like to donate a larger amount than what is available above and/or would like to wire us the funds directly from your bank account, please contact a monk or nun today, at:
ANOTHER EASY WAY TO HELP:
Have you added the Church of Shambhala on your “Amazon Smile” Purchases?
shopping on Amazon.com it is quick and easy to help support the Church
of Shambhala Vajradhara Maitreya Sangha by using the Amazon Smile
program. Amazon then donates a percentage of each sale to help support
the Church and works of Buddha Maitreya the Christ.
The link below explains how to use it.